Maybe Accepting Guests
- 57% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Akash’s full profile.
I am Akash from Delhi, and I have traveled solo for 400+ days (on and off) from mid 2017 to mid 2019. I have stayed in more than 45 different backpacker's hostels in India and abroad.
Imp: I cannot host guests at the moment. Currently traveling in Vietnam for a month from Saigon to Ha Noi.
- My first international solo trip was to Thailand. I fell in love with the country and visited Thailand 2 more times, rented an apartment in Chiang Mai later and made some good memories there.
- I backpacked Vietnam for 2 months starting from Ho Chi Minh City (South) to Hanoi (North).
- I crossed 2 different land borders to enter Bhutan and Myanmar from India.
- I took bike riding classes in Nepal and rode on the streets of Vietnam.
- I backpacked Sikkim (NE India) for a month in 2018. In 2019, I moved to Sikkim and started working there as a travel consultant, lost my job to the pandemic later.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Here on CS, I am not looking for travel companions or free beds to crash in, I am here to meet people from across the world and locals, to learn about their culture. When I am in their country, I don't want to stand out... I would like to blend in.
🎶Jazz and Reggae music
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Jazz, Reggae, Sufi.
Favorite Singers - Diljit Dosanjh and Amrinder Gill.
Favorite Lyricist - Satinder Sartaj.
7 Years in Tibet
A Walk to Remember
Dead Poets Society
Good Will Hunting
Into The Wild
Star Wars (Every single SW movie)
The Green Mile
The Imitation Game
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Shawshank Redemption
Favorite TV Shows:
Locked Up Abroad
Malcolm in the Middle
The Big Bang Theory
The Ted Bundy Tapes
Art of War
The Book of Mirdad
The Palace of Illusions
The Forty Rules of Love
I also like to read random stuff on Quora and Reddit.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Since this question is on CS, I would say that I have hosted many injured "birds" at my place and have fed them until they recovered and could fly again.
I have stayed at two different Nudist resorts for the experience.
Teach, Learn, Share
I am a very good listener so I would like to listen to the stories of my hosts and surfers. Also, I would love to learn new languages during my trips.
I will not call myself wise but I am the street smart kind of a guy, someone who can definitely differentiate between the right and the wrong for himself. I can share my good and bad experiences for people to learn from.
What I Can Share with Hosts
"knowledge shared is knowledge gained" and I would love to share my knowledge and experiences with them.
I can always bring some souvenirs from the place I am coming from.
Countries I’ve Visited
Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In