Nimmt Gäste auf
- Reaktionsrate von 76 %
- Letzte Anmeldung vor etwa 4 Stunden
Registriere dich bei Couchsurfing, um das komplette Profil von Lake zu sehen.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING 😂
My name's Lake. I'm about as much of an LA native as you can get. I grew up in LA and my family is from LA and Santa Barbara. I spent my childhood all over California. I currently reside in Sherman Oaks, an affluent neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley. I am close to dozens of very popular eateries, shopping malls, and several grocery stores. Universal Studios is 5 minutes away, and I am about a 10 minute drive from Hollywood.
I frequently take trips up and down the coast, and I know all of the towns very well. I know where all the best restaurants are (vegan and vegetarian too), where the best shopping is, the best hiking locations, and which beaches are the nicest to visit. I love to cook! I prepare a majority of my meals at home with fresh, organic, ingredients.
If you're here in LA to go out and party, then it's best you stay in in a hostel.
I think that Couchsurfing is the greatest app ever created!! I'm very eager to gain new, long-lasting, international friendships.
• IF YOU'RE VISITING LA, MAKE SURE YOU'RE ACTUALLY STAYING IN LA! 🤣 Some locations are 1-2 hours away from literally anything. You will be stuck somewhere with nothing to do or see. Or, you'll have to travel 3+ hours by public transportation. 😢 Also, some areas are not nice at all, like Downtown LA, Hollywood, Koreatown, and the neighborhoods to the south. I've spent my whole life here. Trust me.
• Research your host! I can not stress this enough. There are a lot of strange people in LA, especially those abusing Couchsurfing! (shirtless photos, little to no references, "nudists")
•If you plan on driving here, BE DEFENSIVE! In an area with 18 million people, a lot of them are awful drivers.
• When visiting America, there are A LOT of states you can avoid. Places like Texas are awful. There isn't much to do at all. Pretty much just skip every state except for Caliornia, Oregon, Hawaii, and New York
• Skip Long Beach. I'm not sure why so many people want to go there. 😂 There is absolutely nothing to do other than drink at a bar and look at boats.
• ALWAYS have a backup plan for Couchsurfing. DO NOT entirely rely on CS for your trip to LA. You will risk being stranded. I have rescued plenty of travelers. Hostels in LA can be pretty expensive. 😱
• LA Traffic is REAL!! Try to avoid local freeways such as 101, 405, 10, and major streets like Santa Monica Blvd between 4 pm and 7 pm. 😫
• There are not many nice hostels in LA. If it's really cheap, there's usually a good reason as to why. 🤢
• Alcohol is not sold or served after 2am in CA.😠
• Tipping is mandatory anywhere where you are served food or drinks by a person. Doubling the tax is the easiest way to calculate the tip. I know you don't like the tip culture here, but you're not going to change the rules. 😉
• Yes, Cannabis is legal. You must be 21+ to purchase it. 😻
• Check the weather. Yes, it's California, but we still have our share of inclement weather! A rainy day can really ruin your plans. 😕
• Buy a SIM card. Not having communication or the internet will jeopardize your trip. But, buy a SIM card OUTSIDE of LAX. 😌
• The best grocery stores available are Sprouts and Trader Joe's! They have amazing pre-made salads, sandwiches, wraps, etc. for less than $5 if you're on a tight budget. Sprouts sometimes has full, fresh meals for less than $6!! 🤤
•Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach are honestly quite filthy, especially if you plan in swimming. Venice is overrun by homeless. The cleanest, nicest beaches are South of LAX or in Malibu. Manhattan Beach is my favorite! 😍
• The best location to easily see the Hollywood Sign is by visiting Lake Hollywood Dog Park. 🤯
Here is my master list of the best and most popular things to do and see here. It is possible to see everything in 1 day with the exception of a few things. I have yet to do this, but I'm willing to try!🤣
- Melrose Avenue
- Venice Beach
- Venice Canals
- Santa Monica Pier
- SM Farmer's Market (Wednesday)
- Pacific Palisades
- Hollywood Sign / Lake Hollywood
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Grand Central Market
- Olvera Street
- Little Tokyo
- China Town
- Malibu Lagoon
- Beverly Hills Sign / Rodeo Drive
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Griffith Observatory/Planetarium
- Melrose Trading Post (Sunday)
- Lake Balboa
- Manhattan Beach
- The Getty Museum
- The Getty Villa
- Westwood Village
- Mulholland Drive
- Runyon Canyon
- Fryman Canyon
- Sunset Strip
- Topanga Canyon
- The Grove
- Kenneth Hahn Park
- Angeles National Forest
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
Warum ich bei Couchsurfing bin
It's a great feeling to open my home to someone while they're traveling. I love playing tourist in my own city.
I cook very often. I hike frequently.
- board games
Musik, Filme und Bücher
Music: I have some incredible spottify playlists!!! 60s, 70s, 80s, Old School Hip Hop.
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Saving Private Ryan
The Big Lebowski
Children of Men
Eine tolle Erfahrung, die ich gemacht habe
Received a letter from The President. Organized several charity events for Endometriosis, Wounded Warriors, Toys 4 Totts.
Was ich mit Gastgebern teilen kann
I can cook the most amazing meals. Need a tour guide for the day? My phone is my office.
Länder, die ich besucht habe