- 84% response rate
- Last login about 10 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Michael’s full profile.
Hello! I have lived in WINDSOR, ONTARIO most of my life and I love this community!
I live with my partner Renée and her cat Chunk. We have an extra bedroom in our basement. If you would like to stay with us, send me a request and I'll check to make sure its ok with her too! We both work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. We typically only host Fridays and Saturdays.
I work as a financial planner in my familys business helping others make the most of what they have.
My philosophy that money is a tool we use to gain security and independence. Once we have those we can trade money for experiences or goods!
Personal wealth is built from the relationships and experiences you have.
Financial wealth can make life easier but it is not necessary to have a lot of it in order to live a wealthy life. Thats why couchsurfing is great - it doesn't require money!
With my guests I like to:
- Have conversations over food and beverages
- Drink coffee, tea or alcohol + 420
- Visit the local pubs, brewery or restaurants and bars
- Discover local events like art or musical performances
- Ride bicycles or drive around town to check out the sights
- Visit parks/river front
- Cross the border to Detroit to experience slightly different culture or attend music or art events.
I desire to host Travellers and Tourists who want to experience the culture and environment.
I do NOT want to host people who are...
1) Looking to move here and want a free place to stay
2) People who are not interested in the area
3) People who are only coming here to party (although we do like to party some times too!)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love to meet new people!
I'm on couch surfing because I would like to host any individuals who want to explore this area or people who are passing through. We have one of the busiest international border crossings in the world! I'd like to offer a place to stay so that people can take time to enjoy this wonderful city!
I love travelling and would like to meet people from all over the world so that when I travel to other places in the world and would love for someone to host me too!
Things you should check out when visiting
- River Front - kilometers of walking paths.
- Coventry Gardens - Peace Fountain
- Walkerville - A quaint community good for walking, food and drinks.
- Hiram Walkers - take the tour and learn about prohibition trade (http://visitwindsoressex.com/canadian-club-brand-centre-2/)
- Willistead Park - Located in Walkerville - A beautiful park with historical mansion
- Jackson Park - Decorative flowers in the summer time
- Sandwich Town - University student neighborhood with nice pubs and historical buildings.
- Caesars Casino Windsor - venue for music and shows.
- Windsor Symphony Orchestra
- at The Capitol Theater
- Art Gallery
- Phog - Great small venue for live music!
- Windsor Community Museum
- Point Pelee/Pelee Island
- Ojibway Nature Centre
- Wine Tours
- Down Town Windsor Farmers Market
There are lots of cool things going on in Detroit.
- Belle Isle
- Greek Town - this is where it is at for night life!
- Cork Town - lots of cool establishments for drinks and food
- Detroit Institute of Art - Cheap and amazing - MUST SEE!
- Detroit Public Library - I havn't been here yet
- Tigers Baseball - Lions Foot Ball - Detroit Red Wings NHL
- Cliff Bells is the coolest jazz club I've been to so far
- Albert Kahn - Architect
- pub crawls
- live music
- world politics
- social justice
- climate change
- drinking coffee
Music, Movies, and Books
I love all music, from Beethoven to Tupac, Sublime, The Doors, Chet Faker....etc.
Oryx and Crake
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Traveled to Honduras to help build cement floors and latrines for in the poorest communities. Slept on a church floor for days and created long lasting relationships.
Driven across Canada taking pictures of a "borrowed" gnome. http://imgur.com/a/3BBoQ#0
Climbed the highest peak in Newfoundland - Gros Morne.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you about the Canadian financial system, but most people find it kind of boring. That's why I still have a job. :)
Renee is a french teacher and avid historian
Let's share a meal! (and a bottle of wine)
I can share what I know about the history of the area.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Smiles and Laughs
1 Bedroom in basement with Double bed, wifi
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In