- 100% response rate
- Last login about 24 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Subham’s full profile.
A boy with love, faith, joy and purity who has always been adventurous, had an ambition to travel to locations that were very different to my own, to become fully immersed in many sceneries and civilizations and to see and experience them in person.
My name is Subham Debnath, and I was born in the North-East India, Tripura, in a small village named Kalkalia. Additionally, I have been residing in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, for the past few years.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I travel to experience and learn about various cultures, people, foods, and lifestyles. In this instance, staying with locals through couchsurfing is the ideal way to experience all these things
Through Couchsurfing, we can host traveler from around the globe and learn about their way of life, language without ever having to travel to their home country.
Music, Movies, and Books
The God Must Be crazy, Interstellar, Blade Runner 2049, In to The Wild, Zindegi Na Mile Dubara, The Fault in our stars, La la Land, The Vow, Twilight- series, Dune, The planet of the Apes, 300, Hulk, Swadesh, Forest Gump
Also, I watch verity of Documentaries mostly related to Tribes, Cultures, Landscapes and animals. My all time favorite Doc film is "HUMAN" Directed by- Yann Arthus-Bertrand.
To me, music is like medicine. Although I enjoy many types of music, my music preferences change depending on my mood.
IKIGAI, Autobiography of a Yogi (Current read)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I have done 3 solo Himalayan treks back to back, includes Gaumukh-Tapovan trek which is at a elevation of 4,500mt.
- Learning Silambam, which is one of the ancient martial arts of Tamilnadu, India
- A FPV drone pilot, it took me almost a year to learn in a simulator and then fly in real professionally
- Witnessed Mathura Vrindavan Holi, one of the biggest festivals of India
- Self thought Travel Filmmaker- I produced, directed, and edited my own short film, which I also wrote. Its on my YouTube channel- How Many Places.
- I have hitchhiked from the Bay of Bengal to the Arabian sea and crossed India, which took me 5 days, through which I was able to experience and live a very raw life, slept in the truck and also witnessed the hard life of logistic truck drivers.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach- According to a UNESCO survey, Bengali has been classified as the sweetest language in the world. And its my native language, so I can really teach you Bengali or If not, few sweet words:)
I can teach you how to prepare my local food as well as a few Tamil meals that I have learned to prepare throughout my years spent in Tamilnadu.
I can undoubtedly share some ideas on Indian cultures, our daily lives, and the continent of India's landscapes.
and hey, I can teach you some Silambam (ancient martial arts of Tamilnadu, India) moves as well
Learn- I really enjoy learning about different cultures and languages, as well as hearing exciting stories. I am very open to learn about something if that interests me.
First step is the hardest but already a winner if its accomplished.
What I Can Share with Hosts
First of all, you're more than welcome to stay at my house. It would be a joy to show you around, present you to my state's beautiful culture and landscape, and moreover make your stay memorable.
I can teach you languages what I know- Hindi and Bengali
I may take you to my hometown where I was born and you will undoubtedly enjoy my mother's home-cooked meals and stunning smile🥰
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In